Looking to learn content strategy? Not sure how to audit your content, how to develop exciting new content for your core audiences, or how to manage a lot of different types of content? Guiseppe Getto, the President and Founder of Content Garden, will be teaching an online course for the Society for Technical Communication starting September 26th, 2017 entitled Content Strategy: Developing an Effective Workflow.
Why You Should Learn About Content Strategy
Content strategy is becoming one of the most important communication-related skill sets across many industries. Organizations of all shapes and sizes are discovering they need to plan for, publish, curate, and assess a variety of different types of content for their target audiences.
- Social media
- Paid online advertising
- Internal documentation
- Customer support documentation
Developing a consistent, effective, versatile plan for managing all your content is now a must, regardless of what type of organization you work for.
How You Will Learn Content Strategy in The Course
This hands-on, interactive course will take you through all the basics of content strategy in a supportive, low-stress environment. Course members will be introduced to best practices in content strategy and will have the opportunity to try out their new skills on real-life problems they’re facing over the 6 weeks of the course. Each week will be capped by a 90-minute discussion of the learning from that week, including a Q&A with Guiseppe.
What You Will Learn in The Course
In the course you’ll learn:
- How to apply the core components of content strategy: substance, workflow, structure, and governance
- How to apply SEO fundamentals to ensure that your online content drives people to your website
- How to create an effective content strategy plan for assessing, evaluating, producing, and governing your content
- How to write measurable, achievable, simple, task-oriented (MAST) goals for your content
- How to develop personas for your audience that help you zero in on what audience members expect from your content
- How to assess the alignment of your goals and audiences with the channels you publish your content to
- How to develop an effective workflow for making your content strategy plan into a reality