Looking to learn documentation project management? Is your organization struggling to create a workflow for producing new documentation that is timely, usable, and accurate? Are you getting a lot of customer complaints about your documentation and you’re not sure where to start? Guiseppe Getto, the President and Founder of Content Garden, will be teaching an online course for the Society for Technical Communication starting October 21st, 2019 entitled “Documentation Project Management: From Basic Research to Interviewing SMEs to Final Publication.”
Why You Should Learn Documentation Project Management
Today’s documentation ecosystems are very complex. Customers want on-demand information about their favorite products and services. They want this information in a variety of media and want to use a variety of devices to access it. Because of this, today’s technical writers need a sound content strategy to ensure they can deliver the right documentation to the right people at the right time and in the right format.
How You Will Learn Documentation Project Management in The Course
This hands-on, interactive course will take you through all the basics of documentation project management in a supportive, low-stress environment. Course members will be introduced to best practices in documentation project management and will have the opportunity to try out their new skills on real-life problems they’re facing over the 6 weeks of the course. Each week will be capped by brief, but thorough, homework assignments that will help you apply the skills you’re learning to your existing documentation projects.
What You Will Learn in The Course
In the course you’ll learn how to:
- Create a project planning space to make sure you meet your requirements and audience needs
- Discover what type of documentation you’re creating and who it’s audience is
- Develop a content model for your documentation that will allow you to build it correctly
- Implement your content model through a combination of tools, workflows, and publishing options
- Keep your documentation current through effective content governance